The University of Nairobi in partnership with the Equity Group Foundation, Kenya Forest Service, Ministry of Environment and Forestry, Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Interior & Coordination of National government have planned to plant more than 5,000 trees on 18th May 2021 in various parts of the University including Chiromo campus.
The Office of Registrar CBPS is inviting as many of us as can, to come participate in the tree planting exercise and help in conserving our environment in Chiromo startting at 10:00am. We are requested to assemble at the clock area near Jiran shop for further guidance.
The main University Tree planting function will be held at Wangari Maathai Institute at 10.00am. The following partners will lead this excercise at the Wangari maathai Institute
1. Dr. Fred Matiang'i - Cabinet Secretary for Interior and Coordination of National Government.
2.Hon. Keriako Tobiko- Cabinet Secretary for Environment and Forestry.
3. Prof. George Magoga- Cabinet Secretary for Educat
4. Dr. James Mwangi, Group MD and CEO Equity Group Holdings Plc
5. Members of Board of Equity Group Foundation
6. The University Leadership