ARISE PROJECT PARTIAL SCHOLARSHIP
The Department of Chemistry, University of Nairobi, through the African Research Initiative for Scientific Excellence (ARISE) Project, is recruiting one Ph.D. student as outlined below:
One (1) PhD Project in Chemistry
• Applicant must be a holder of a Master’s degree in chemistry or materials science-related disciplines or an equivalent qualification from an institution recognized by the University of Nairobi (UoN) Senate
• New applicants interested in pursuing a PhD in Chemistry at the University of Nairobi
Project description: The project focuses on the synthesis of carbon-based electrocatalysts for detecting environmental pollutants in aqueous media. The electrocatalysts will be designed to have high sensitivity and selectivity towards the target pollutants, allowing for accurate and reliable detection. Furthermore, the research intends to improve the electrocatalysts' stability and endurance in order to ensure long-term performance in real-world applications.
- A letter of motivation
- A curriculum Vitae giving details of their qualifications and three (3) referees, as well as indicating their telephone and email contacts
- Copies of relevant certificates
- A one-page summary of their completed MSc project
- Publication list
The applicants must be East African citizens.
The deadline for application is 30/09/2023
Application should be sent through the Department of Chemistry, University of Nairobi to;